Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
VIP
Posts : 23
Forum Cash : 5056
Likes : 0
Join date : 2017-03-21
View user profile

Premium Forum Software

on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:53 pm
I don't know as much about the paid stuff as the free - as Iv'e only messed around with XenForo. However, it's a fact that Burning Board is the cheapest platform out there in terms of price. Also, vBulletin may have improved - but in the past it had allegations of security and spam issues. Finally, as of right now, XenForo seems to be at the top - but Iv'e seen a number of Invasion Power Board forums out there.

Oh, by the way, do you see any advantages or disadvantages in premium stuff over free?
avatar
Administrator
Posts : 366
Forum Cash : 804
Likes : 19
Join date : 2017-03-15
View user profilehttp://promotionstorm.forumotion.com

Re: Premium Forum Software

on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:56 pm
Premium softwares are premium for a reason. In my opinion XenForo and InvisionPowerBoards are the best in this category.
avatar
VIP
Posts : 23
Forum Cash : 5056
Likes : 0
Join date : 2017-03-21
View user profile

Re: Premium Forum Software

on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:03 pm
Keranov wrote:Premium softwares are premium for a reason. In my opinion XenForo and InvisionPowerBoards are the best in this category.

I see your point. Nonetheless, I think the appeal is mostly for people who don't want to bother uploading a lot of themes or extensions - or maybe they lack the ability to do so. However, some free platforms like Simple Machines have auto-up-loaders. Despite this fact, though, a person still has to look up themes and extensions.
New Member
Posts : 12
Forum Cash : 24
Likes : 0
Join date : 2017-03-22
View user profile

Re: Premium Forum Software

on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:15 am
I think that XenForo is quite possibly the worst software even including free software like SMF. XenForo has the most confusing interface of any forum software in my opinion. I like phpBB the best. If I had to choose a paid software, it would most definitely be IPB.
avatar
VIP
Posts : 23
Forum Cash : 5056
Likes : 0
Join date : 2017-03-21
View user profile

Re: Premium Forum Software

on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:55 am
Myself, I'd kind of like to dabble around with Burning Board a bit.  It's a bit cheaper, doesn't look bad, so it' tempting to try out.  Nonetheless, I'm so used to XenForo.
avatar
New Member
Posts : 17
Forum Cash : 81
Likes : 2
Join date : 2017-03-25
View user profile

Re: Premium Forum Software

on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:46 pm
I currently own:

2 vBulletin Licenses vB4 and vB5
1 Invision Community Suite
1 xenForo
1 expired, WoltLab BurningBoard

I prefer as of right now, vBulletin and xenForo
avatar
Administrator
Posts : 366
Forum Cash : 804
Likes : 19
Join date : 2017-03-15
View user profilehttp://promotionstorm.forumotion.com

Re: Premium Forum Software

on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:47 pm
FriendStein wrote:I currently own:

2 vBulletin Licenses vB4 and vB5
1 Invision Community Suite
1 xenForo
1 expired, WoltLab BurningBoard

I prefer as of right now, vBulletin and xenForo
Nice! You have a lot of licenses.
avatar
New Member
Posts : 17
Forum Cash : 81
Likes : 2
Join date : 2017-03-25
View user profile

Re: Premium Forum Software

on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:51 pm
Keranov wrote:
FriendStein wrote:I currently own:

2 vBulletin Licenses vB4 and vB5
1 Invision Community Suite
1 xenForo
1 expired, WoltLab BurningBoard

I prefer as of right now, vBulletin and xenForo
Nice! You have a lot of licenses.

To be honest I really wish I could start a site up with someone using my vBulletin. Yes, IB had its fair share of controversy, and issues but the new versions lately are doing great. I don't IB is touching it anymore like they used to when things were bad.
avatar
Administrator
Posts : 366
Forum Cash : 804
Likes : 19
Join date : 2017-03-15
View user profilehttp://promotionstorm.forumotion.com

Re: Premium Forum Software

on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
FriendStein wrote:To be honest I really wish I could start a site up with someone using my vBulletin. Yes, IB had its fair share of controversy, and issues but the new versions lately are doing great. I don't IB is touching it anymore like they used to when things were bad.

Good. If you want some help - I'm always here!
Sponsored content

Re: Premium Forum Software

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum