PromotionStorm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
jy76
jy76
VIP
Forum Cash : 5056

Free Forum Software Empty Free Forum Software

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 pm
What kind do you like and what are some pros and cons to the different brands out there? Well, for one thing, Simple Machines (SMF), has an auto-up-loader for themes and extensions and MyBB has a built-in rating mechanism. I haven't seen anything absolutely unique about phpBB, but it's good software, nonetheless.
Keranov
Keranov
Administrator
Forum Cash : 808
https://promotionstorm.forumotion.com

Free Forum Software Empty Re: Free Forum Software

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:53 pm
phpBB and myBB are both great. I can't say pros and cons because I've never used myBB.
MeowsePad
Forum Cash : 24

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:19 am
I have been using phpBB since 2003, and it has always served me well. My heart is with phpBB 2 because I ran so many forums with it, but I like the newer versions as well. The only problem is that the modding community is a lot less prominent now. phpBB 2 had a ton of mods, phpBB 3 had enough, and 3.1 and 3.2 are a bit lacking.
jy76
jy76
VIP
Forum Cash : 5056

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:50 am
MeowsePad wrote:I have been using phpBB since 2003, and it has always served me well. My heart is with phpBB 2 because I ran so many forums with it, but I like the newer versions as well. The only problem is that the modding community is a lot less prominent now. phpBB 2 had a ton of mods, phpBB 3 had enough, and 3.1 and 3.2 are a bit lacking.

Have you ever considered writing your own mod when one isn't available or doesn't suit your taste?  It's probably not as difficult as it seems, just take a little elbow grease.  Wink
Smokey
Smokey
Forum Cash : 16
http://www.revillution.net

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:09 am
I enjoy free forum software like phpBB and MyBB. With my recent luck of hosting and money issues, I've been forced to go to a free solution for my forums and settled on ZetaBoards, it's serving us well so far though and I'm quite happy with the move thus far. Smile We have big plans for Revillution and still plan on making it a full-fledged website through the ZetaBoards system. Smile (Totally possible BTW!)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum